17 August 2013

Stage One finished!

The slab's been poured, and it looks pretty good. The concrete plinth with the bits of steel rod and plastic pipe sticking out of it is for the bales to sit on.

View from the south east corner

Ramp down to the pit where the composting shitter's bin goes.

The paddock's really green, and the nanoforest looks fantastic. The wattles are starting to bloom again. On a recent trip (not the one where I took these photos), I saw a euro in the scrub and tried to photograph it. Unfortunately the camera is not real flash, and it didn't really show up. About a minute later, I saw three of them bound out of the trees, jump about the paddock a bit, then turn and go back into the trees.

Now I need an estimate from the builder for the frame and roof, so I know how much money I need to borrow to finish it.


  1. Dude, it's been 6 months already, an update please.
    I know I know, I'm considered a troll in your.. erm..circles,
    I find it hard to follow a project like yours and be left hanging.
    Don't get me wrong. The reasons behind such a project for me, I'm sure, are very different from yours but nonetheless it,s a project worth emulating.
    Thank for you time,

    1. Good to hear from you. Things have hit a bit of a speedbump, but I'll something new up soon.

  2. Speedbumps exist to create time to reflect and consider more thoroughly the way forward, or some shit.
    Anyhoo, I'll keep checkin in.